Job Description and Qualifications
Mt. Olive Lutheran Church in Forest Grove, Oregon, is in search of qualified applicants for the position of part-time Office Coordinator (roughly 19.75 hours/wk). This position seeks a friendly, outgoing personality to engage visitors to the office in person, by phone or email, as well as coordinate weekly office-related tasks. Punctuality and reliability are a must.
Mt. Olive Lutheran Church is affiliated with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod and espouses and practices all the tenets and beliefs thereof. While membership at Mt. Olive is NOT required for the successful candidate, it is expected that the Office Coordinator always act and work in accordance with our LCMS positions as well as our Constitution and Bylaws.
For specific job description click here.
Resumes can be emailed to info@MtOliveFG.org or sent to:
Mt. Olive Lutheran Church
2327 17th Ave.
Forest Grove, OR 97116
Deadline to apply is Friday, January 29, 2021.
Pay: $14.50-16.50/hour. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Work Location: Position is in-person and is only offered at one location. Remote work is not available.
Job Type: Part-time
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees are eligible for benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- EDUCATION: Minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an office management capacity
- Minimum of one year’s experience in customer service
- Recommended: One year of experience using QuickBooks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Publisher
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate discretion of confidential information
- Must be able to pass background check
- Initiative and Problem-Solving skills (concurrent with established church policies) as demonstrated by:
-The abilities to work independently and as
a team player
-The ability to work in an occasionally fast-paced environment
-The ability to complete complex tasks in a timely manner, meeting deadlines as necessary
-The ability to respond timely to situations and events requiring a quick response
- Physical Requirements:
-Ability to manage routine office setting lifting-e.g. reams and boxes of paper, etc.,
as well as routine bending, stooping
-Ability to navigate steep, concrete/wood steps without difficulty